Midnight Sun: A natural phenomenon occurring in the summer months north of the Arctic Circle and south of the Antarctic Circle where the sun never fully sets and remains visible 24 hours a day.
This short time lapse film was shot during the Icelandic Midnight Sun in June of 2011.
For 17 days I travelled solo around the entire island shooting almost 24 hours, sleeping in the car, and eating whenever I had the time. During my days shooting this film I shot 38,000 images, travelled some 2900 miles, and saw some of the most amazing, beautiful, and indescribable landscapes on the planet. Iceland is absolutely one of the most beautiful and unusual places you could ever imagine. Especially during the Midnight Sun when the quality of light hitting the landscape is very unusual, and very spectacular.
Iceland is a landscape photographers paradise and playground, and should be number 1 on every photographers must visit list. Iceland during the Midnight Sun is in sort of a permanent state of sunset. The sun never full sets and travels horizontally across the horizon throughout the night, as can be seen in the opening shot and at the :51 second mark in the video.
During the Arctic summer, sunset was at midnight and sunrise was at 3am. The Arctic summer sun provided 24 hours a day of light, with as much as 6 hours daily of “Golden light”. Once the sun had set it wouldn’t even get dark enough for the stars to come out, and they don’t start to reappear until August.
My advice to everyone out there, photographer or not, is simple… You MUST visit Iceland sometime during your lifetime. You will never regret it.
Se volete seguire l’artista lo trovate qui
Articoli (probabilmente) correlati
- Ogni essere pensante urla problemi... del 10/2012
- Un buon consiglio per l'italiano medio dei Social Media del 09/2012
- Me ne vado negli USA (aka IVLP) del 04/2012
- E se Londra fosse occupata da Israele? del 12/2011
- Come derubare una banca, raccontata dal ladro del 12/2011
- E' ora del 11/2011
- Un mirabolante, futuristico, incredibile marchingegno del 10/2011
- Do your work, than step back del 10/2011
- Ho guardato un'alba e mi son chiesto: come fa a non esistere Dio? del 10/2011
- Stay hungry, stay foolish del 10/2011